Fill the signin form and go to your private zone.
WINTER STORM WARNING
NWS WINTER STORM WARNING: The Winter Storm Warning is now in effect from 1 am to 10 PM Friday.
* Snow accumulations… 1 to 3 inches of snow are expected below 1000 feet and 3 to 6 inches above 1000 feet.
* Elevation: all elevations will be affected by snow. Warning amount snows are expected above 1000 foot elevations.
* Timing… light snow could begin as early as 1 am PST. However most of the accumulating snow is expected to start between 7 am and 9 am PST. Snow could mix with rain briefly at times below 1000 ft Friday afternoon. Snow is expected to decrease and end Friday evening.
* Locations include: initially all elevations will be affected. Portions Highway 42 east of Myrtle Point will be most affected. Also portions of Highway 101 above 500 feet will be affected into Friday afternoon.
* Winds… light and variable at 10 mph or less during the day on Friday. Friday evening north winds 10 to 20 mph are expected.
* Impacts… due to cold temperatures ahead of this storm system… snow is expected to accumulate on untreated roadways on Friday… especially in the morning. Travel impacts are expected on area roadways… especially on Highway 42 east of Myrtle Creek and parts of Highway 101 above 500 feet. It’s strongly recommended people be prepared for slippery conditions.