Fill the signin form and go to your private zone.
“If I Were Mayor” Contest Deadline Approaching
The Oregon Mayor’s Association and the City of Coos Bay
invites those who are interested to enter the “If I Were Mayor” contest. Share your ideas about what you would do as mayor.
Winners are entered into the state contest for a chance to win a new laptop! The deadline for this contect is April 30th.
• All submissions must be accompanied by a completed entry form. All forms for students under age 18 must be signed by the student’s parent or guardian. Entry forms may be photocopied.
• Only one submission per student will be accepted.
• Submissions will not be returned and will become the property of the Oregon Mayors Association.
• OMA retains the right to publish essays and posters along with the names and likenesses of each student.
• Previous local and statewide winners may participate, but they will not be eligible for prizes.
• The poster contest is open to students enrolled in elementary school (grades 4-6) or being home-schooled at the same grade level for the 2012-13 school year.
• Students are encouraged to be creative and may use any art medium (poster paints, felt pens, colored pencils, pastels, crayons, etc.). The poster may be in color or black and white.
• The student’s name and a daytime phone number or email address for their parent or guardian must appear on the back of the poster.
• The essay contest is open to students enrolled in middle school (grades 7-8) or being homeschooled at the middle school grade level for the 2012-13 school year.
• Essays must be 500 to 1,000 words in length and typed.
• The student’s name and a daytime phone number or email address for their parent or guardian must appear at the top of the essay.
To submit your entry, complete the form on the City’s website at: http://coosbay.org/archive/news-entry/if-i-were-mayor-contest