Fill the signin form and go to your private zone.
Representative Appointment To SCCF Board Of Directors
The City of Coos Bay is soliciting applications from persons interested in serving as the City’s appointed member to the South Coast Community Foundation’s Board of Directors.
The SCCF is a not-for-profit corporation formed to receive, invest, and distribute grants from a portion of the Community Services Fees that may be paid by the Jordan Cove Energy Project as a condition of receiving a long-term rural enterprise zone property tax exemption. The SCCF is a membership-based entity, and the Port of Coos Bay is one of four members with authority to appoint a representative to the SCCF Board of Directors, along with the City of Coos Bay, the City of North Bend, and Coos County.
The primary mission of the SCCF is to provide continuing education-related grants by building a permanent endowment in support of the development of superlative education infrastructure and technology which promotes community programs serving Coos County, Western Douglas County and Northern Curry County. The Port is seeking a highly qualified and capable individual to help chart the initial course for the SCCF, and will consider the following factors in making its appointment to the Board:
1. All directors must be individuals 18 years of age or older.
2. Directors shall be residents of Coos County, Oregon, or reside within the areas included within the Reedsport School District in Douglas County, Oregon, and the Port Orford/Langlois School District in Coos and Curry Counties, Oregon.
3. Each director shall possess the qualities of integrity, competence, and knowledge of the community which the Foundation serves, and standing within the community that will help the Board carry out its functions.
4. Board members should enhance the Foundation’s ability to establish grant award priorities, and make fund distributions that are in the best interest of the community served by the Foundation.
5. Board members shall have the ability to plan for the future, select capable investment advisers, and provide effective governance and leadership.
The application should include a completed City of Coos Bay Applicant Information Form and a Letter of Interest containing a statement of qualifications and reason for interest in being appointed. Letters of Interest will be accepted in the City Manager’s Office until 5pm Monday, June 9th, 2014. If you wish to e-mail your Letter of Interest, you may e-mail it to email@example.com
Interviews will be held on Tuesday, June 17th, and applicants will be contacted to schedule an interview with the City Council. For more information, call City Manager Rodger Craddock at 541-269-8912.