Coos Bay Couple Loses Home to Fire


Accounts have been set up to assist a Coos Bay family displaced from their home after it burned to the ground Friday. Coos Bay Fire was dispatched to a house fire off of Rice Road on Friday around 11:20 PM. Crews arrived on scene to find the home fully engulfed. The owners, Jim and Mary Barnes had gotten out of the home but were trapped in an outbuilding that was not on fire. Crews were able to create a safe path for Mary Barnes, and Jim a disabled war veteran, was carried down a steep embankment. Both were evaluated by medics on scene. Mary was later transported to Bay Area Hospital for smoke inhalation. Fire officials say an extension cord may have led to the fire. The structure and a truck were total losses. A savings account has been set up at Northwest Community Credit Union under Mary E. Barnes there is also a GoFundMe Account set up on North Bend Lanes Facebook Page.

 

This entry was posted on Monday, September 21st, 2020 and is filed under Local News.