House Fire In Myrtle Point

A family’s home in Myrtle Point endured damage to a bedroom due to a fire. The Myrtle Point Fire Department was dispatched to a house on 6th Street, where they found a fire burning in the upstairs bedroom. It took firefighters about 15 minutes to quell the fire, with an additional 45 minutes for salvage and overhaul. The bedroom was damaged and there was smoke damage throughout the second story of the house. There were no injuries and the owners, Dave and Kristin Cohen and their children, are being assisted by family. Reportedly, the fire was started by a candle left burning unattended. The family was alerted by a smoke alarm.

This entry was posted on Thursday, July 12th, 2012 and is filed under Local News, State News.